Concerned about the economic impact of COVID-19?
We are in this together, if there is anything HR can do to answer any questions you have, or provide you with resources, let us know. Being informed helps with your own personal planning, and can be reassuring during these uncertain and unprecedented times.
- How CalPERS is addressing Coronavirus - website link
- Frequently Asked Questions - link to FAQs on topics like Investments, Impact of Investment Returns on Contribution Rates, Questions for Active Members (for all members), and much more all to do with the impact of COVID-19 on the CalPERS pension benefits. - FAQ link
- How COVID-19 is impacting health insurance premium rates - link to Pension & Benefits Committee April 21, 2020 meeting agenda and webcast
- For the Record - news release from CIO Ben Meng on how the COVID-19 crisis is affecting investments and how CalPERS is addressing these challenges - link
- Market Fluctuations and Investment Strategy - the impact of COVID-19
- COVID-19 Resource Center - website link
- Market volatility articles
- Help with finances during trying times
- What's behind MassMutual's strength
- Financial wellness in today's world
- March 11, 2020 FY19-20 Mid-Year Budget Study Session - Agenda
- May 13, 2020 FY20-21 Budget Study Session - Agenda
- Council meetings and agendas (upcoming FY2020-21 budget adoption 6/15/2020) - website link
Study found: "100% of California cities face projected revenue loss this year. 9/10 cities will cut/furlough city staff or decrease city services. 3 out of 4 may take both actions." (https://www.cacities.org/Policy-Advocacy/Hot-Issues/Support-Local-Recovery)