Are you 16 or older? Register to vote here.
Here’s what you’ll need to register to vote:
Full legal name (The name on your drivers license or state id should match)
The last four digits of your Social Security Number
Driver's License Number or State Identification Number
Political Party Preference (If left blank you will be registered as no party preference which could effect your eligibility to vote in presidential primaries. For more information click here).
Check Your Registration Status
Before each election, it is a good idea to check your registration status.
You will need…Last four digits of your Social Security Number
Driver's License Number or California Identification Number
Changing Voter Registration
It is important to keep your information up to date. Did you change your address? Name? Political party preference? If so, you should re-register to vote.
Getting Your Ballot
Do you have a separate mailing address? If you didn’t enter it in when you registered to vote, or if you need to update your registration information, go to registertovote.ca.gov
Are you away at college? No problem. The county will send you a ballot to your college address if you fill out this form.
Voting by Mail
Fill Out Your Ballot
To make sure your vote is counted, there are a few rules to follow when filling out your ballot.
- Sign the envelope between the two punch holes. Make sure your signature matches the signature of your voter registration record. If it doesn't match, your vote won't be counted.
- Use a black or blue pen and completely fill in the circle (like you do for standardized testing).
- You don't have to mail in your ballot. Instead, you can drop it off at a designated County drop off box.
- You can correct your ballot; you just need to make it clear. Did you color in the wrong oval? No worries, draw a large X through it and mark the oval that you want with arrows pointing towards it.
- Your voter registration signature is your driver’s license signature or any other document that the County Elections Office has with your signature on it.
Voting in Person
Helpful tip at the polls
Prior to voting, mark your choices on the sample
ballot in your voter pamphlet. You can then bring
this in and use it to mark your choices.