Need Help? Give Help?


Abuse or Domestic Violence
If you or anyone you know is struggling with relationship abuse or domestic violence, Community Overcoming Relationship Abuse (CORA) is available as a resource. Call 800-300-1080, or visit http://www.corasupport.org.

Assistance and Guidance for Businesses and Workers Impacted by COVID-19
San Mateo County Economic Development Association (SAMCEDA)


Click here for a Families First COVID-19 Constituent Service Resources Toolkit prepared by the U.S. House of Representatives, or  click here to use a stimulus check calculator provided by "The Washington Post".

Conflict Resolution
The City of Burlingame has a contract with the Peninsula Conflict Resolution Center (PCRC) to provide mediation services to Burlingame constituents. You can contact PCRC via their website here: https://www.pcrcweb.org The San Mateo County Bar Association has a referral line that can be accessed by clicking here.

Emergency - Call 911 
Please DO NOT call 911 to report "shelter in place" offenders.  To report violations in Burlingame, call the Burlingame Police Department at 650-777-4100.

Eviction Moratorium
The City of Burlingame has not adopted a specific moratorium regarding renter eviction regulations, and therefore is following the County of San Mateo's Emergency Regulation 2020-001, which places a temporary Countywide moratorium on evictions. For more information, click this link for FAQs
Financial Assistance 
Click here to determine if you area eligible for financial assistance from the County

Food Resources
Immigrant Resources Guide
The State of California has developed an immigrant resource guide to provide information about COVID-19 related assistance, including public benefits that are available to immigrant Californians.

A Worker’s Guide: Your Rights During Coronavirus
/La Guia del Trabajador: Sus Derechos Durante el Coronavirus

Internet First Program
The Internet First program is designed to help families and students in low-income households have reliable and affordable access to the Internet. The Internet First program is open to eligible participants. You may qualify if you:

  • Live in a serviceable area
  • Are a participant in public assistance programs like the National School Lunch program, housing assistance, Medicaid, SNAP, SSI, and others
  • Have not subscribed to their services within the sixty day period immediately prior to applying for the program
Visit internetfirst.com for more information and to apply.

Mental Health Services
As a result of COVID-19, you may be feeling overwhelmed or experiencing stress. San Mateo County Health has tips for coping with stress during infectious disease outbreaks. Mental health resources can be found on the County's Behavioral Health Website.  

In addition, MoneyGeek.com (a private company) offers information about the following: How to Access & Afford Mental Health Care During Covid-19 and Insurance Coverage for Pre-Existing Mental Health Conditions.

Price Gouging Hotline - 650-363-4403 

Public Assistance Public Assistance Programs - For connections to Medi-Cal, CalFresh, CalWORKs, and General Assistance, visit www.mybenefitscalwin.org or email hsa_ess_questions@smcgov.org or call 800-223-8383.  Click on this link to learn more about the types of County assistance offered.

Senior or Older Adult  (60+) Resources
Call Peninsula Family Service Monday-Friday, 7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. at 650-780-7542.  View their website for more information by clicking here

Senior Gateway is a website sponsored by the Elder Financial Abuse Interagency Roundtable (E-FAIR) and is one-stop website intended to educate and provide resources for seniors, their families, and care givers.

The Great Plates Program is the emergency feeding program for eligible older adults. Seventeen restaurants in San Mateo County are currently under contract to provide 3 meals each day (including delivery). The program has been extended until June 10. Residents can call 1-800-675-8437 to apply. Here is more information about this state-wide program: https://covid19.ca.gov/restaurants-deliver-home-meals-for-seniors/

Testing for COVID-19

Testing is available for individuals who meet certain eligibility criteria.  Click here to determine if you are eligible


Donate Money
Visit smcstrong.org.  Click here to learn more and donate now.
Click here for a list of Frequently Asked Questions about the Fund.


Click here for to view SMC Strong videos with "local celebrities" encouraging people to donate funds to help nonprofits, families/individuals and small businesses in San Mateo County:  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLvrcFuwLyzqOIF99F4cMUPHdEr5brSDcI

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about the San Mateo County Strong Fund are now available in multiple languages.

Please click on the link below corresponding to the languages you would like to access and download a PDF of the translated document:

Donate Personal Protective Equipment
Got PPE?  You can drop it off at the Burlingame Police Department, and members of BNN will drive it down to the County drop-off site in Redwood City.
     - Unused N95 respirators and surgical masks. They can be opened, as long as they have not been used.
     - Unopened packages of disposable gloves
     - Unopened containers of hand sanitizer
     - Unopened containers of disinfectants and disinfecting wipes
     - Packaged, unused protective goggles

Technical organizations (such as pharma, biotech) or other businesses with medical supplies to donate should email smcmeddonations@smcgov.org