Storm Drain Murals Pilot Project
About this Project
The City of Burlingame launched a new Storm Drain Murals Pilot Project and sought digital artwork for these murals. Since storm drains often go unnoticed, the murals provide a unique learning opportunity to educate the public about the importance of preventing litter, pet waste, and other waste water from entering these drains.
Interested in launching your own storm drain art contest? Check out our Storm Drain Murals Handbook.
When designing artwork, artists are encouraged to consider the following themes (exact phrases do not need to appear in the mural):
- Water Quality: Clean Water Starts with You
- Stormwater Pollution Prevention: Only Rain Down the Drain
- San Francisco Bay and Estuary: Keep It Clean We’re All Downstream
Thank you to everyone who entered in our contest.
View these locations on our Storm Drain Murals Story Map.
For questions, contact Jennifer Lee at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 650-558-7381. This pilot project is funded through a grant from the Pretreatment, Pollution Prevention, and Stormwater Committee of the California Water Environment Association.
- Artwork Selected for the Storm Drain Murals Pilot Project (August 18, 2022)
- Calling All Artists: Announcing the Storm Drain Murals Pilot Project (March 31, 2022)