Towed/Stolen Vehicle Releases

Towed Or Stolen Vehicle ReleasesWhen a vehicle is towed in the city of Burlingame, it is necessary for you to obtain a vehicle release from the Burlingame Police Department before the tow yard will release the vehicle to you. 

To get a release you must be the registered owner and present a valid driver's license, have current registration and all outstanding parking violations paid. In a case where you cannot obtain current registration, you must get a moving pass provided by the Department of Motor Vehicles and bring that along with any other documents from DMV. 

In the case where your car was reported stolen to another agency, and recovered by the Burlingame Police Department, you must obtain a vehicle release from the other agency, and bring that release paperwork to our department. Once we receive the paperwork we can give you our department’s vehicle release at no charge. 

You may obtain a release from the Burlingame Police Department at 1111 Trousdale Drive, Burlingame, CA 94010, 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. For current fees, refer to the Burlingame Master Fee Schedule.