Submitting Your Completed Application
- Completed applications with signatures and properly dimensioned plans may be submitted at any time. Please refer to submittal checklist for details which must be included on plans.
- Within thirty (30) days of the date an application is submitted, the assigned Planner will contact the applicant and provide planning comments on the submitted plans as well as preliminary comments from other departments. Any required revisions to the plans will be noted in the comments. The applicant will be requested to submit ten sets of revised and complete plans to the Planning Division.
- Those comments on plans from Planning, Building, Fire, Parks, Engineering and Stormwater Division staff appropriate to planning review must also be addressed in the resubmittal to the Planning Division in order to finalize a submittal. Planning staff assigned to the project will assist in determining what is needed. A project cannot move to the waiting list to be put on an agenda until it is determined to be complete by the planner assigned.
- When a submittal is deemed complete by the Planning Division, the project will be placed on a waiting list for the next available Planning Commission agenda for study. In order to be placed on the waiting list for the agenda, complete submittals must be received by the Planning Division no later than 12:00 p.m. on Wednesday, 12 days before the next scheduled Planning Commission meeting. Since the number of slots on the agenda is limited, complete applications will be placed on that agenda based on the order in which they are received and determined to be complete. Any complete submittals remaining when an agenda is full will be assigned to the next agenda on which there is space.
- If the Planning Commission requests changes to the plans at the study meeting, plans must be submitted to the Planning Department by 12:00 p.m. on Wednesday, 12 days before the next scheduled Planning Commission meeting, in order to be placed on the agenda for the following meeting. If the revised plans are not submitted by that time, the item will be scheduled for the next agenda on which there is space based on when the revised plans are submitted.
- Some minor homeowner requests (excluding fence exceptions or design review) may be scheduled for an ACTION hearing date without first going to a study meeting. Check with staff to see if this applies.
- For items not subject to public hearing to be placed on the Commissions "FYI" calendar (minor revisions to previously approved applications as determined by staff), plans must be submitted to the Planning Division by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, 10 days before the next scheduled Planning Commission meeting.
- Planning Commission reserves the right to postpone the ACTION on any item upon concluding additional information is required to make a decision.
- Action on a project is not final until 10 days after the Planning Commission’s action. This is called the APPEAL period. Anyone may appeal a project. If appealed, City Council will set the project for their next available meeting. Action on a project is only final after the end of the appeal period or, if the project is appealed, the City Council vote.
- Separate application must be made to the Building Department prior to issuance of a Building Permit. Planning Commission approval does not constitute issuance of a Building Permit.