Draw a Map
Help shape the City of Burlingame's voting districts by drawing your own map. You can draw and submit your own proposed district map for the City Council to consider.
When Drawing Your Map, Please Consider the Following Criteria:
1. Relatively equal size - people not citizens - districting takes into consideration the entire population of the City and not only United States citizens or registered voters
* Population for the purpose of determining district size is drawn from the most recent Census
* 2010 Census population: 28,806 (this number will be updated with 2020 Census information when released)
* Ideal population for each district: 5,761 (this number will be updated with 2020 Census information when released)
2. Contiguous - districts should not hop/jump
3. Maintain "Communities of Interest"
4. Follow City/County/local government lines
5. Keeps districts compact in both appearance and function
How to Draw Your Map