Village at Burlingame (Project Information)
Housing Development Public Parking Garage
The "Village at Burlingame" has been approved for City of Burlingame Parking Lots F and N, in downtown Burlingame just south of Howard Avenue. The project includes constructing a new, 5-story 132-unit affordable workforce and senior apartment development and public park on the site of Parking Lot F, and relocating the existing parking stalls to a proposed 5-level parking garage on Parking Lot N. The broad intent is for the units to be rented by people working in Burlingame, and Burlingame seniors.
The Village at Burlingame is in the early stages of construction, with completion estimated to be in the Summer/Fall of 2023. As such, a placement process has not yet been developed.
Although registration for the Village at Burlingame is not yet available, you are encouraged to establish an account with HouseKeys. HouseKeys is the Program Administrator for the City of Burlingame’s Affordable Housing Program. To get started, please visit www.myhousekeys.com to create an account. You may also visit www.housekeys4.com for additional information.
The proposed development is indented to respond to the following objectives:
- new housing units to support the community, including housing for seniors and for people working in the community;
- additional, conveniently-located parking for use by downtown businesses and residents alike;
- additional open space to be enjoyed by both current and new residents.
- Units: 132 (78 workforce units, 54 senior units)
- Height: 5 stories / 60 feet
- Parking: 144 parking spaces in a partially above grade and below grade parking garage, accessed from Park Road (137 spaces in vehicle lifts + 7 disabled-accessible spaces)
- 6,750 square foot publicly accessible open space
- 368 stalls (206 stalls replaced from existing Lots F and N + 162 new stalls)
- Height: 5 stories / 48 feet (the top floor is an open deck)
Planning Commission Action Meeting - December 10, 2018 - The Planning Commission approved these applications in a public hearing on December 10, 2018. The staff report, attachments and plans for these projects are provided below.
- Staff Report - Village at Burlingame (Lot F - 150 Park Road)
- Staff Report Attachments (Lot F)
- Proposed Plans - Village at Burlingame
- Staff Report - Public Parking Garage (Lot N - 160 Lorton Avenue)
- Staff Report Attachments (Lot N)
- Proposed Plans - Parking Structure
- CEQA Class 32 Infill Exemption
- CEQA Class 32 Infill Exemption - Appendices
Ruben Hurin, Planning Manager