To our Valued Patrons,
We are writing to share the latest information and guidance regarding the outbreak of the coronavirus (COVID-19). In accordance with the San Mateo County Health Officer's suggestion that "All non-essential gatherings should be canceled, postponed, or done remotely" to reduce the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19) in the community, the Burlingame Library has made the decision to cancel all library programs, classes, and events through the month of March. We are doing this as a safety precaution to assist our community and will reevaluate the situation as we get closer to the month of April. We apologize for any inconvenience or concern this may cause. If possible, we will reschedule events at a later date.
If you have questions about a particular event or about checked out items, please call the main line at (650) 558-7400 and continue to check our website for any changes.
Keeping You Safe is Our No. 1 Priority
A list of steps the Library is undertaking to ensure a safe environment:
- Posted recommendations on how to stay healthy and prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- Hand sanitizer and tissue at all Information Desks
- Increased cleaning and sanitizing measures in all public areas, including bathroom surfaces, computers, door handles and elevator buttons.
- Removed high-touch items from service areas such as headphones, board games, pillows, plush animals and toys.
Information Is the Best Defense
- Wash hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Cover your cough or sneeze!
- Stay home if you are sick.
- Avoid touching your face.
- Try alternatives to shaking hands, like an elbow bump or wave.
- If you have recently returned from a country, state or region with ongoing COVID-19 infections, monitor your health and follow the instructions of our county public health officials.
- Vulnerable individuals, which is defined as 60+ years and/or who have health conditions such as heart disease, lung disease, diabetes, kidney disease and weakened immune systems, are recommended to stay home if they are sick and avoid people who are sick.
Library Access from Home
Additional recommended resources regarding the novel coronavirus include: